- This convention was bigger than past BC Liberal ones I went to
- The age of the people at the convention was much younger than I had expected. At 51 I often still feel young at political events. At the BC Liberal convention I felt old for the first time. The representation of millennials was significant
- This is not Gordon Campbell's Liberals. In the past no serious man would have gone to the convention in anything but a suit. I arrived in a suit on Friday and I felt overdressed It was also a much more grass roots feeling event than in the past.
- The Liberals are better organized than I have ever seen them, frankly better organized than any BC party I have ever seen. The convention theme was "Team" and it was very much how the event felt.
- The convention was very well organized and the details well though out
- The convention was a very positive event. People were happy and even energetic.
- I have never seen as many or as well attended hospitality suites as I did on Friday night
- As you may or may not know I am suffering from severe clinical depression. And I went to the convention with some anxiety about how I would do because I tend to dislike crowds of people when I do not know a lot of them. I did not need to worry.
- In general the event was very welcoming for me. Within in 10 minutes of being there I had run into five people I had not seen in years. Over the weekend connected with a lot more people than I had expected.
- The very positive atmosphere at the event was very good for me. No one was talking negatively around me and that helped my mood. It made me realize I need to not engage with negativity when it comes to politics and simply ignore the angry people online
- The most important thing for me was that I got a lot of positive validation from the people at the convention. I had a number of people that I really did not know come up to me and ask me how I was doing, how was the depression, how was I after the fire at the old house and more. I several MLAs and one MP seek me out to meet me in person.
- Once again dissenting opinions are ok with the BC Liberals if you are expressing yourself rationally I liked that I could talk to people I disagreed with on issues and feel like we could both hear it each other and find points of commonality